The CBO score is in and it’s worse than we all suspected: the Ryan Repeal bill will harm tens of millions of Americans if passed. Read the whole report, but here are the most important statistics:
1. The Ryan Repeal bill (AHCA) will throw 14 million people off their existing insurance plans by 2018 and 24 million by 2026. That’s like taking health insurance away from the entire nation of Australia.
2. The Ryan Repeal bill will leave 52 million Americans without health insurance in 2026. That’s like stripping health insurance from everyone in South Korea.
3. The Ryan Repeal bill will cut Medicaid by $880 billion. That is not a typo.
4. The Ryan Repeal bill will increase premiums by 20% for those who are allowed to keep their plans. Can you afford to pay 20% more for your current health insurance plan? That’s what this bill forces you to do.
5. The Ryan Repeal bill will give $592 billion in tax cuts to the wealthiest individuals and corporations in this country. This is appalling.