From Public Citizen
1) Restoration of the Voting Right Act
2) Public financing of elections
3) An end to Congressional gerrymandering
Robert “Beto” O’Rourke’s voting record:
-Voted to expand offshore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico ✅
– Voted for the “blue lives matter” bill, empowering police to abuse citizens ✅
– Voted for Trumps Tax Scam 2.0 bill ✅
– Voted to gut the Volker Rule and allow banks to gamble with customers savings on Wall Street ✅
– Voted to make it easier for auto lenders to discriminate ✅
– Voted to lift the fossil fuel export ban accelerating climate change ✅
– Voted to make utilities unliable for forest fires started from downed power lines ✅
– Voted to waive polygraph requirements for new hires to customs and border protection at Trump’s request so they could be “fully staffed” easier ✅
There is nothing progressive about Beto. In fact when you review his voting record, he is actually to the right of most democrats. America doesn’t need another corporate shill in the Whitehouse
#Echobox=1545311611″ target=”_blank”>https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/20/beto-orourke-congressional-votes-analysis-capital-and-main?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=fb_us&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook #Echobox=1545311611
Republicans don’t care what the people want.
It’s been four weeks since Florida voters approved an amendment that restores voting rights to felons. Some Florida lawmakers want to stall that.
The election in Georgia was stolen. I’m glad Abrams hasn’t conceded yet. Keep fighting until they all count!
Georgia voters waited for hours before voting in part because election officials held back hundreds of voting machines.
“But what about security? You can’t hack paper, but you can steal ballots. Couldn’t someone swipe a ballot from a neighbor’s mailbox, or from someone who has moved or died?
Keisling acknowledges this could happen, but says it would be “one of the stupidest ways to try to steal an election.”
“They’d be committing a felony, vote by vote.”
“A clerk once asked me to think about this,” recalled Keisling, “He said, ‘Phil, have you wondered why crooks don’t counterfeit pennies? They go for the twenties and the hundreds if they’re going to risk the jail time.”
“Throw them on the scrap pile.” Oregon officials of both parties say voting machines are inferior to their vote-by-mail system.
This is why we need all paper ballots and verified unbiased election audits. This is why we need #TheNextDeal
Some voters in Texas are reporting that some voting machines are erroneously changing straight-party selections on their ballots to include a candidate from the opposite party of their selection or not selecting a candidate at all on a s
In this video Op-Ed, three disenfranchised citizens make the case for Floridians to vote yes.