They forgot about the part where we then shame people who don’t (can’t) vote
Of course they are, did you expect any better from these people?
Minutes after the Maine Republican threw her support to Trump’s nominee, Joe Manchin of West Virginia became the only Democratic senator to back him.
When all your siblings know you’re a selfish pos who should have no power over other people
Six siblings of Republican Rep. Paul Gosar delivered a stark message in a new television advertisement: Vote for their brother’s opponent.
Make America Great again and vote blue in November.
Where they won’t act, we must. Trump’s GOP enablers need to be voted out of office this November. #VoteThemOut
via Robert Reich
Reminder: 10 Reasons Never to Vote Republican:
1. They think corporations should pay little or no tax while you pay more.
2. They think cutting taxes on the wealthy is more important than providing safety net programs for seniors, veterans, and poor families. Want to work until you’re 85? Perfectly ok with homeless vets? Enjoy watching innocent children born into poor families starve to death? Then the Republican Party is for you.
3. They think taking care of veterans when they come home is expensive but they have no problem writing blank checks for wars.
4. They cut funding for education while subsidizing private and charter schools. In other words, only some kids get a good education, everyone else is sh*t outta luck.
5. They think reducing regulations on big banks is good for the economy. See US economic collapse 2008.
6. They think that gerrymandering, shortening voting hours, closing voting centers, absurd voter ID laws and other forms of voter suppression are good ideas.
7. If you leave it up to them, in 20 years the minimum wage will still be $7.25 and hour, or it may not exist at all.
8. They think corporate profits are more important than laws that protect the environment. If you and your family get sick from tainted water or air pollution they really couldn’t care less, especially if you’re poor or if you live in a district that votes Democrat.
9. They support a president with horrific immigration policies. This president has separated over 2000 children (including infants and toddlers) from their parents at the border as a deterrent against illegal immigration. He has ordered a travel ban on Muslims entering the country. Are you a Muslim thinking of immigrating from one of the countries on the ban list? You can forget about it. He just ordered the military to discharge immigrants who joined because they were given a path to citizenship for their service.
10. They’re hell bent on destroying the Affordable Care Act and HAVE NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVE. They’re happy to simply ruin the program, watch health care burn and hope we blame it all on Democrats.
The real reason so many people refuse to vote. How about talking about the issues so many of our citizens face and what we can do to solve them, instead of constant deflection to Russia?
Bracing for “this page is run by Putin” in 5, 4, 3…..
Shaming people who didn’t vote for horrible candidates is victim blaming.
Maybe if HILLARY had spent a single day campaigning in Wisconsin, she’d be president.
Maybe if HILLARY and her campaign didn’t “elevate Donald Trump as a serious candidate” because they thought it would be an easy win for them, we’d have a sane president.
Maybe if HILLARY spent more time in working class Pennsylvania instead of posh Philadelphia cocktail fundraisers, she’d be president.
Maybe if the DNC embraced young progressive voters instead of shunning them and rigging the primaries, we wouldn’t have Trump as president.
Stop blaming voters and start blaming the failed leaders!
HEY NEW YORK: GO VOTE!!! It’s primary day, which candidates are chosen matter! And a special plug for my Bronx and Queens friends to vote for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, who is a candidate you can be truly excited about. But she needs you to vote today or she doesn’t advance. There’s also that little race between Cuomo and Cynthia Nixon for New York. You know what to do. Do it to it, my friends!