Money in politics is the root of all problems
“Imagine if the people of the Soviet Union had never heard of communism. The ideology that dominates our lives has, for most of us, no name. Mention it in conversation and you’ll be rewarded with a shrug. Even if your listeners have heard the term before, they will struggle to define it. Neoliberalism: do you know what it is?”
Financial meltdown, environmental disaster and even the rise of Donald Trump – neoliberalism has played its part in them all. Why has the left failed to come up with an alternative?
Angry people will turn to those who claim they can solve their problems. While the Democratic Party bosses eagerly clamp down on their populist left flank, the radical right is scooping up disenchanted with raw hatred and scapegoating.
Link to screen shot of the report
The root cause of all of the problems in the United States (more or less), if it had to be summed up in a few words.
1. Neo-Liberal (Reaganomics) Economic Theory (Friedrich Von Heyak, Ludwig Von Mises, Milton Friedman, Murray Rothbard, The Walter Lippman Colleqium, Mont Pelarin Society)
2. Corporate Personhood (Corporations use the world “Person” in the 14th Amendment to justify Constitutional Rights on to themselfs).
How many problems in American Society, Economics and Politics are a direct result of Corporations being considered the same legal standing as “natural persons” for almost 200 years (yes, 200 years the first Court Case to establish a Corporation as a person was in 1819 over 40 years before the 14th Amendment).
Legitimate Conspiracies…and real global problems.
1. Legitimate public concerns about the offical story of the events in NYC on September 11th, 2001 as raised by high profile public figures such as Consumer Advocate Ralph Nader and former Treasury Officer of the Reagan Administration Paul Craig Roberts.
2. The Proliferation of Corporate funded influential Think Tanks such as the Heritage Foundation (US), American Legislative Exchange Counil (US), Foundation for Economic Education, Adam Smith Institute (UK), Council For National Policy (US).
3. The Proliferation of Think Tanks such as Project for the New American Century and The American-Isreali Public Affairs Commitee that advocate US World hegenomy, i.e The Neo Conservative-Zionist Agenda.
4. Corporate influence in the Democratic Electoral Process, peticurarly in the United States, in regards to the Citizens United Supreme Court rulling, and “Corporate Personhood”.
5. So called “Free Trade” Agreements such as the Trans-Pacific Parternship that are drafted in Secret by Corporate Lobbyists without public oversight.
6. The Curruption of the Economics Proffession with Orwellin double-speak as Economist Micheal Hudson points out in “Killing the Host” and “J is for Junk Economics” the result being most contemporary “Economists” living in an Alternate Reality.
7. The Control of Central Banks by private Bankers who go through a revolving door from State Treasuries to Wall Street, Goldman Sachs in peticuler.
8. “Hedge Funds” that are so large they can manipulate markets.
9. Global Media conglomeration where a smaller and smaller group of individuals own a larger percentage of the Media through inter-locking directorships.
10. Massive Global wealth inequality caused by, what was mentioned in #6 leading to 50% of the Worlds wealth in the hands of less than 100 Individuals.
11. The Privatisation of “The Commons” Land, Water, Natural Resources and slowly the Internet that is currently a public domain
12. The Legal and Illegal that is part and parcel of the “Drug War” that is tearing up the Western Hemesphere.
13. Global Depletion of the Worlds Agricultural Land and Fisheries.
14. The Suppression of varified Energy Technologies such as modern advanced Nuclear from Thorium and Thermo-Nuclear Fusion and efficiant Renewables such as Geothermal.
16. Over Population in under-developed regions, specifically Africa due to ignorance, lack of sanitation, education and efficiant Birth Control methods.
17. CIA/Intelligence Agency infilitration of the Media (Manufacturing Consent by Noam Chomsky).
18. Corporate Imperialism, CIA overthrow of Governments that down follow the Washington Consensus (Conffessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins)
One of the problems with the United States Constitution is that its the second oldest Constitution in the World still in force, the oldest being the Constitution of San Marino, a Micro-State in Italy, for instance the Third Amendment talks about “Quartering Soldiers in private homes”, As if that is relevent in 2017 A.D, The US Constitution also has passages in in regarding Slavery “Held in Service of Labour” (Labour British Colonial spelling), It was a document written in the Agrarian Age, freezing it in time and calling it a “God Inspired Document” just will not cut it for the 21st Century.
For example, In Article 1, Section 8 The Duties of Congress is 18 Clauses.
The Duties of Parliament in the Australian Constitution is 40 Clauses as it was ratified in 1901 when the World had become more Complex and there was much more need for Government regulation due to the Industrial Revolution.
Food for Thought.