“51 percent of Democrats now approve of George W. Bush, while just 42 percent disapprove. (At the end of his second term, that first figure stood at 6 percent, per Gallup.) Keep in mind that the polling question was not “Do you have a favorable opinion of George W. Bush as he compares to Donald Trump?” but “Do you have a favorable opinion of George W. Bush?””
New data indicate a majority of Democrats now hold a favorable view of George W. Bush. Of the myriad depressing developments in the age of Donald Trump, one of the more quietly corrosive is the ongoing rehabilitation of some of our most noxious public figures. Not only has the liberal establishment…
Eight months of a Trump presidency.
– White supremacists marching in the streets, emboldened by the openly white supremacist advisors in the White House and the president’s incitement and enablement, even today, of their violence.
– The worst nuclear crisis since the Bay of Pigs, created 100% by the ignorance, incompetence and self-absorption of the president.
– Alienation of almost every major U.S. ally in the world, and dangerous random fight-picking with adversaries (except Russia).
– Compromising of crucial U.S. intelligence by the incompetence and/or gullibility of Trump toward Russia, if not collusion.
– Impending explosion of health insurance rates across the market due to Trump’s deliberate sabotage of the U.S. health care system in order to repeal an accomplishment of Obama, when he doesn’t even understand how the law works. Not to mention continued pursuit of dumping millions from health insurance, period.
– Standing alone in the entire world in the denial of climate change science and withdrawal from the Paris Accord.
– Attacks from the federal government on the basic human rights of LGBTQ citizens.
– Major efforts to suppress the voting rights of people of color in order to keep white supremacists in power beyond these next few years.
– A return to a racist criminal sentencing system that had previously been abandoned by both parties because of the inhumanity and expense (financial and societal) of mass incarceration.
– Systematic rollback of environmental protections and consumer protections in favor of short-term corporate profits.
– The beginning dismantlement of public education.
– Harassment and arrest of hard-working, peaceful undocumented immigrants with no criminal records, striking fear in tens of millions of Americans who are key to the U.S. economy and the success of communities all over the country.
– Attempts to scale back legal immigration, with an aim to make America more white by weighting the rules accordingly.
– Elimination of efforts to investigate white supremacist terror groups in the U.S. with resources shifted to targeting Muslim Americans who’ve been responsible for a small fraction of the terrorism perpetrated by white supremacists in the past 15 years.
– Major gaps and negligence in the management of federal agencies that are the only thing protecting us from widespread cyber attacks, public health emergencies, and the compromising of our nuclear supply.
– Use of the office of the presidency to personally profit, with close to zero transparency or limits on how Trump businesses benefit from his power and position and how those businesses take money from foreign agents and others with business before the federal government.
– Evidence – provided by Trump’s son himself explicitly, on top of all the other stuff that has come out – that the Trump campaign sought to, at a minimum, and may have succeeded, in colluding with the Russian government to win a U.S. presidential election.
I’m forgetting a bunch of stuff …
“A class action lawsuit alleging the Democratic National Committee worked in conjunction with Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign to keep Bernie Sanders out of the White House has been raging on in the courtrooms for months on end–and yet, most people have no idea of its existence, in large part thanks to the mainstream media’s total lack of coverage.”
The mainstream media hasn’t covered a class action lawsuit charging the DNC with election fraud.
Does anyone here believe that the Trump Presidency and solely down to Russian involvement in the 2016 Election, that had there been no Russian hacking or any other involement Hillary Clinton would have won?.
The President is out of control.
Not just Trump, but the presidency in general. The president currently can launch a war with no congressional approval, execute American citizens with no over site, approve wire tapping and spying with no warrant or justification, and seize anything they want in times of “emergency”. The empirical president is here
One of my biggest criticisms of Obama is that he cemented many of the unconstitutional powers in place that Bush had accumulated. Not only did obama leaves these powers in place, he legitimized them in an air of bipartisanship and expanded them through subsequent NDAAs. Now Trump pulls these levers.
Do you think Congress will finally step up and take their war powers back? Will they put an end to the empirical president?
Honorable presidents have declined lucrative speaking fees and kick backs after leaving office. Obama is not one of them
Truman declined. “I could never lend myself to any transaction, however respectable, that would commercialize on the prestige and dignity of the office of the presidency,” he wrote of his refusal to influence-peddle.
“I could never lend myself to any transaction, however respectable, that would commercialize on the prestige and dignity of the office of the presidency,” said Truman, who retired to a quiet life.