Solidarity to those marching against hate in Boston and elsewhere today! ✊???
Eight months of a Trump presidency.
– White supremacists marching in the streets, emboldened by the openly white supremacist advisors in the White House and the president’s incitement and enablement, even today, of their violence.
– The worst nuclear crisis since the Bay of Pigs, created 100% by the ignorance, incompetence and self-absorption of the president.
– Alienation of almost every major U.S. ally in the world, and dangerous random fight-picking with adversaries (except Russia).
– Compromising of crucial U.S. intelligence by the incompetence and/or gullibility of Trump toward Russia, if not collusion.
– Impending explosion of health insurance rates across the market due to Trump’s deliberate sabotage of the U.S. health care system in order to repeal an accomplishment of Obama, when he doesn’t even understand how the law works. Not to mention continued pursuit of dumping millions from health insurance, period.
– Standing alone in the entire world in the denial of climate change science and withdrawal from the Paris Accord.
– Attacks from the federal government on the basic human rights of LGBTQ citizens.
– Major efforts to suppress the voting rights of people of color in order to keep white supremacists in power beyond these next few years.
– A return to a racist criminal sentencing system that had previously been abandoned by both parties because of the inhumanity and expense (financial and societal) of mass incarceration.
– Systematic rollback of environmental protections and consumer protections in favor of short-term corporate profits.
– The beginning dismantlement of public education.
– Harassment and arrest of hard-working, peaceful undocumented immigrants with no criminal records, striking fear in tens of millions of Americans who are key to the U.S. economy and the success of communities all over the country.
– Attempts to scale back legal immigration, with an aim to make America more white by weighting the rules accordingly.
– Elimination of efforts to investigate white supremacist terror groups in the U.S. with resources shifted to targeting Muslim Americans who’ve been responsible for a small fraction of the terrorism perpetrated by white supremacists in the past 15 years.
– Major gaps and negligence in the management of federal agencies that are the only thing protecting us from widespread cyber attacks, public health emergencies, and the compromising of our nuclear supply.
– Use of the office of the presidency to personally profit, with close to zero transparency or limits on how Trump businesses benefit from his power and position and how those businesses take money from foreign agents and others with business before the federal government.
– Evidence – provided by Trump’s son himself explicitly, on top of all the other stuff that has come out – that the Trump campaign sought to, at a minimum, and may have succeeded, in colluding with the Russian government to win a U.S. presidential election.
I’m forgetting a bunch of stuff …
We are demanding that they stop profiteering off the suffering of inmigrant families #MayDay2017 #BackersOfHate #NoBanNoWallNoRaids