I wonder why Americans are so angry…?
“More than half of Americans (57 percent) have less than $1,000 in their savings accounts, according to a 2017 GOBankingRates survey.”
If your savings account balance is hovering at or below $1,000, you’re not alone, CNBC reported. More than half of Americans (57 percent) have less than $1,000 in their savings accounts, according to a…
It’s a big club and you ain’t in it!
Kushner, Ivanka, Charles Koch, George Soros, Chuck Schumer, and a gaggle of reporters who claim to be “resisting” Trump partying it up in the Hamptons…..get it yet?
“I have to wonder what our friend and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer is doing cavorting with Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump? At a party hosted by Lally Weymouth, the former owner of the Washington Post and currently a senior associate editor there? I also wonder what the other dozens of journalists, employed not just by the Washington Post, but such outlets as Bloomberg and The Atlantic, are doing with this opportunity?”
As someone who has watched two seasons of House of Cards, I understand that much of politics is sycophantic glad-handing with the enemy next to a tray of lightly sweating cheese cubes, carefully wheedling one another over low orchestral music and the tinkle of ice cubes in Scotch glasses. If it’s go…
Democrats are shocked that Jon Osoff lost, here’s why I am not:
1. he offered nothing new. His bland and inoffensive campaign promised not to raise taxes on the rich, not to support Medicare for all, and not to upset the corporate / government alliance in any way
2. his campaign was a typical neoliberal identity trick. Young + handsome = progressive…right? WRONG, he stood for nothing in particular except being against Trump. We already read that story and it had a bad ending
3. He didn’t even live in the district he ran. This is a huge NO for people. “I care about this district so much that I won’t even live in it” said no successful politician ever
4. On top of not living there, most of the money raised came from liberal enclaves on the east and west coasts. This guy had carpet bagger written all over him
5. Out of the close to 1,000 emails I got from the Osoff campaign, not a single one focused on a policy issue. Every single one was exaggerated nonsense asking for money. I unsubscribed
Here’s how Osoff could have won. He should have actually lived in the district, that alone could have tipped the scales. He should have focused on policy and what he would do in Congress instead of sending 8 emails a day with the defeatist titles of “shocking upset” “trump wins” or other nonsense about a lost race three months before it happened.
Another corporate white washed politician loses to a horrible GOP candidate. This story line is getting old, yet the Dems just keep hitting repeat…