This is why it’s so hard to break through the electoral system. Arcane ballot access laws, fundraising, obtaining voter data files, and organizing knowledgeable staff are all serious barriers for outsider candidates
Check out RepresentUs for viable solutions to end electoral corruption!
Gerrymandering rigs our elections. This year voters in several states, including Michigan, Colorado, Missouri, and Utah will have the chance to end gerrymandering.
Maybe the Trumpanzees will support ending this archaic relic now
“I would rather have the popular vote because it’s, to me, it’s much easier to win the popular vote,” he says.
In local races from Jackson, Mississippi to Long Island, New York, we’re seeing progressives win major upsets. What unites them is a positive vision forward; the point isn’t merely to resist our one bad president—as Chokwe Antar Lumumba says, it is “to change the order of the world.”
The Trump-obsessed big media are mostly ignoring it, but Bernie-inspired activists are winning across the country—including in districts that went for Trump in 2016.
1. A Constitutional Amendment to the US Constitution Anchoring the Right to Vote into it, as proposed by Mark Pocan, Keith Ellison and Bernie Sanders.
2. Federal Automatic Voter Registration.
3. Election Days to be Public Holidays “Democracy Day”, Legislation to make this a reality has been introduced by Bernie Sanders.
4. A Federal Law stipulating 30 days early voting in all 50 States.
5. Ranked-Choice Voting or Instant Run Off Voting or Single Transferable Vote for Federal Elections.
Republicans won the Electoral College in 2016, The Presidents of the United States is a Reality TV Star that has been married three times and says “Grab them by the Pussy”.
Republicans control the United States Senate, The Senate since its a State-wide race cannot be Gerrymandered.
Republicans Control the House of Representatives.
Republicans Control most Governerships and States Legislatures in the United States
The highest turnout in a Presidential Election in the 20th Century, was 68%.
Mid-Term Elections in the 20th Century have never gone above 50% Turn Out.
Republicans have been engaging in Voter Suppression and Gerrymandering for decades.
Democrats eying the 2020 presidential contest could soon face a “Medicare-for-all” litmus test from the party’s progressive base. After last month’s failure …