Reminder: 10 Reasons Never to Vote Republican:
1. They think corporations should pay little or no tax while you pay more.
2. They think cutting taxes on the wealthy is more important than providing safety net programs for seniors, veterans, and poor families. Want to work until you’re 85? Perfectly ok with homeless vets? Enjoy watching innocent children born into poor families starve to death? Then the Republican Party is for you.
3. They think taking care of veterans when they come home is expensive but they have no problem writing blank checks for wars.
4. They cut funding for education while subsidizing private and charter schools. In other words, only some kids get a good education, everyone else is sh*t outta luck.
5. They think reducing regulations on big banks is good for the economy. See US economic collapse 2008.
6. They think that gerrymandering, shortening voting hours, closing voting centers, absurd voter ID laws and other forms of voter suppression are good ideas.
7. If you leave it up to them, in 20 years the minimum wage will still be $7.25 and hour, or it may not exist at all.
8. They think corporate profits are more important than laws that protect the environment. If you and your family get sick from tainted water or air pollution they really couldn’t care less, especially if you’re poor or if you live in a district that votes Democrat.
9. They support a president with horrific immigration policies. This president has separated over 2000 children (including infants and toddlers) from their parents at the border as a deterrent against illegal immigration. He has ordered a travel ban on Muslims entering the country. Are you a Muslim thinking of immigrating from one of the countries on the ban list? You can forget about it. He just ordered the military to discharge immigrants who joined because they were given a path to citizenship for their service.
10. They’re hell bent on destroying the Affordable Care Act and HAVE NO VIABLE ALTERNATIVE. They’re happy to simply ruin the program, watch health care burn and hope we blame it all on Democrats.
Damn Skippy the almighty corporations are gaming the system.
“In 1881, after California lawmakers imposed a special tax on railroad property, Southern Pacific pushed back, making the bold argument that the law was an act of unconstitutional discrimination under the Fourteenth Amendment. Adopted after the Civil War to protect the rights of the freed slaves, that amendment guarantees to every “person” the “equal protection of the laws.” Stanford’s railroad argued that it was a person too, reasoning that just as the Constitution prohibited discrimination on the basis of racial identity, so did it bar discrimination against Southern Pacific on the basis of its corporate identity.”
How a farcical series of events in the 1880s produced an enduring and controversial legal precedent
Corporations use profits to inflate their stock price and pay larger dividends to share holders. Companies don’t hire people because they have more money, they hire people when there is more demand for products.
51 GOP Senators Just Voted To Cut $1.5 Trillion from Medicare and Medicaid To Give Super-Rich and Corporations a Tax Cut
“51 Republican Senators just voted to cut Medicaid by $1 trillion and Medicare by $500 billion so that millionaires and corporations can get a tax cut. It’s immoral and despicable,” #MAGA
The Republican budget, declared Sen. Sanders after its passage, “is not a bad bill. It’s a horrific bill.”
The modern corporation is bigger and more powerful than sovereign states. Wal Mart has more revenue than Russia
The real powerful states of the world.