“Mexico’s Could-Be President Is a Lot Like Trump,” warns the Washington Post. In the late 1970s, Andres Manuel López Obrador was “taking on Mexico’s state-run oil company,” while Trump was busy settling a lawsuit with the US Justice Department that accused his company of refusing to rent “because of race and color.”
López Obrador says that, if elected, he will explore the possibility of granting amnesty to those involved in Mexico’s bloody drug war. Trump’s Attorney General Jeff Sessions directed federal prosecutors to “pursue the most severe penalties possible, including mandatory minimum sentences.”
As mayor of Mexico City, López Obrador subsidized subway fares and gave stipends to senior citizens and single mothers. As president, Trump and his allies in Congress doled out “close to $5 trillion in tax cuts almost exclusively for the wealthy.”
The resemblance is uncanny!
The extreme center refuses to acknowledge even the most elementary distinctions between those who depart from the reigning consensus.
Every President has the potential, to make a difference, for the nation, and its citizens. While there are never any guarantees, it’s important to realize and recognize, this impact, might be, for the better, or for the worse. We presently have, as our leader of the free world, an individual, who, i…
Warren Buffett, “I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,” he told CNBC. “You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election. The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971…before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land…all because of public pressure.
Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
*Congressional Reform Act of 2011*
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/17. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term’s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!! If you agree with the above, pass it on.
Welfare queens ?
“The subsidies were $4.9 tn in 2013 and they rose to $5.3 tn just two years later. According to the authors, these subsidies are important because first, they promote fossil fuel use which damages the environment. Second, these are fiscally costly. Third, the subsidies discourage investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy that compete with the subsidized fossil fuels. Finally, subsidies are very inefficient means to support low-income households.”
John Abraham: A new study finds 6.5% of global GDP goes to subsidizing dirty fossil fuels
Currently, the United States of America has 5% of the Worlds Population and 25% of the Worlds Prisoners, the United States has more people in Prison than The Peoples Republic of China, and Autheriterian States with 5-fold the Population, or at the height of Josef Stalins Gulug State, and that has GOT TO END!.